Unfortunately, there is a high incidence of falls that can result in significant injuries later in life.
Here are some startling statistics regarding Falls:
- When an elderly person falls, their hospital stays are almost twice longer than those of elderly patients who are admitted for any other reason.
- The risk of falling increases with age and is greater for women than men.
- Annually, falls are reported by one-third of all people over the age of 65.
- Two-thirds of those who fall will do so again within six months.
- Falls are the leading cause of death from injury among people 65 and older.
- Approximately 9,500 deaths in older Americans are associated with falls each year.
- More than half of all fatal falls involve people 75 or over.
- Among people aged 65 to 69, one out of every 200 falls results in a hip fracture. That number increases to one out of every 10 for those aged 85 and older.
- One-fourth of seniors who fracture a hip from a fall will die within six months of the injury.
- The most profound effect of falling is the loss of functioning associated with independent living
Fortunately there is much that can be done to prevent them!
In this video Clarke talks about some of his favorite ways to how to improve you balance and to gain the physical attributes needed to reduce your chance of experiencing a Fall!
Learn to stop a fall as it happens and training methods that WORK!
Check Out This Video on How to Prevent Falls HERE..
If you have experienced and injury from a fall or would like to prevent one we can help!
We have a talented clinical staff who can get you headed in the right direction!
As well as comprehensive Fitness programs designed to help you improve your balance and to build the physical attributes needed to prevent falls and stay healthy!
Give us call at 804 320-2220 or you can schedule an appointment to speak with a Therapist at this link.
Or if you have interest in a Fitness Program designed to improve your balance, what you are capable of physically, and to reduce your chances of falling you can learn more here..
to your health & success
Clarke and your Thrive Team